So I have gotten the posts caught up into August.
E turned 3, we had a cake for him even though he doesn’t like
cake. Take 1, the second the cake was near him he blew the candles out all
excited so we told him we would do it again so we could sing. Take 2. C was in
the high chair and E either wanted her to see or just wanted to make sure she
was okay so he pulled her closer and put his hand on her. It was so sweet. We sang and he blew out the candles then told
us he didn’t like the cake and only wanted ice cream.
We had a birthday party with his friend whose birthday is
close, it was a Princess Sofia and Spiderman party at a bounce place. He
demanded to wear his crown the entire time. C slept on my mom most of the time
which was nice because we could play with E and it totally made his day to have
both mom and dad going down the big bounce slide with him at the same time.
Since turning 3 he has become a little tyrant. Definitely
testing boundaries and if your threats are real. Every day at school is a “tough
day with no listening ears”. His vocabulary has exploded and he is so cute,
smart, funny, musical, funny, funny, cute, sweet, funny, pain in the ass, cute,
sweet, and funny.
We love the new PT person and are so happy that we took the
leap to change. Yay Team Clapsaddle has grown!
C had another appointment at SICC. It was really irritating
because they insisted on measuring her head again because it was small. I told
the woman, no the number is right, there is a MRI report in your files about
her brain and head size, how her brain is dead so it’s not going to push her
skull to grow. The doctor was the same
one who said in June that her brain may have atrophied while I was in Dallas
for work. The appointment too forever. She wants us to really focus on C’s
weight and getting more calories. She is 24% and I told the doctor that E was
always less than 3% so it could be genes. But she wants us to change formulas and
mix it higher to get more calories. We will see how that goes, we are on 9
scoops enfacare and 3 gentle for 24 ounces right now. Swapping a scoop every 48
hours. Too bad gerber doesn’t have many coupons for formula like Enfamil does.
She told us to try baby food and if more ends up on her than
in her stomach then to wait another week. So we might try sweet potatoes
tomorrow. I plan on making baby food like I did with E. I hope it goes well, I
am excited but also terrified since Dr Z said many kids like C get sick and die
from aspirating food and then getting pneumonia from it… but I think she might
do okay with it, fingers crossed.
One thing this has all taught me is how right Scott is for me. I can totally see how marriages can be torn apart by something like this. People's priorities come out and their viewpoints on life and tough situations. I always knew but it had been more validation as to how right Scott and I are for each other. We are both very logical thinkers, We prioritize things a little differently but in the end it is E and C who are our lives. He is totally fine with staying home and taking care of the kids and pushing C, which makes it easier for me to be able to work and support the family. I am so lucky that I chose right. I don't have a crystal ball and I know things will get tougher, but I think we are solid.
Work announced layoffs, I won't know until next week if I am safe or not. Hooray for more stress!
Oh and our house in Austin is under contract and appraised, so now we just have to wait for closing. We will need a different house here eventually, ideally all one floor but there aren't many of those around so we may have to buy land and build. We can get another 1-2 years out of this house though if needed, definitely would want to be settled before kindergarten though.
Oh Claire is now 5 months old but we will be taking pictures tomorrow... so expect those along with a babyfood update.
Oh and our house in Austin is under contract and appraised, so now we just have to wait for closing. We will need a different house here eventually, ideally all one floor but there aren't many of those around so we may have to buy land and build. We can get another 1-2 years out of this house though if needed, definitely would want to be settled before kindergarten though.
Oh Claire is now 5 months old but we will be taking pictures tomorrow... so expect those along with a babyfood update.




No comments:
Post a Comment