Saturday, August 15, 2015

Grampy and July 1-16, 2015

In addition to the stuff with C, my dad’s emphysema is getting worse but he is not eligible for a lung transplant at this point. My dad is very special to me, I am a total daddy’s girl and always have been. He is a big part of my heart and I know that someday I will lose him but I can’t deal with that any time soon. Scott has become very close with him as well and I want my kids to be able to know him and what an amazing person he is. His father, my grandfather died when I was 12 and looking back I think it really F’d me up. When I look back at what age I started to gain weight and feel left out or depressed it was all tied to that time, granted it is a tough age anyways but I know his passing had something to do with it all. I wish I had known him better and been able to  spend more time with him like I was able to with my other grandparents. So it gets me even more upset thinking that my dad may not be around until E is 12 years old, it breaks my heart. I told Scott that I can't deal with my dad dying and stuff with C at the same time, I will literally end up in the looney bin.The thing that gets us the most is how damn stubbron he is! Yeah it is part of what makes him my dad, he only wants his food in a certain order on his plate, if you tell him something was made healthy all of a sudden it doesn't taste as good. But a lung transplant isn't like any other transplant, even if he becomes eligible after putting a lot of work in to get is body ready, and if they find a match, the odds of him still surviving are low. If he doesn't get his body ready and go for it though I really don't think he will be alive for more than 5 more years, if even that. He is my a large part of my heart and it totally sucks to see your parents getting older and not being well.



I had an ultrasound scheduled for my thyroid on July 6th. They had seen a mass before but wanted to see if it grew. Luckily the doctor told me that it stayed the same and therefore must be a cyst and they would re-check in a year or so. Win for the week.

C had her big MRI appointment on the 7th and we were supposed to find the results out on Friday the 10th. I had to stay home so that I could wake up with E and get him to school etc since the MRI was a 6am check-in at the hospital across town. She was supposed to be sedated and Scott told them we were concerned about it, they said something about how well she isn’t even 4 months yet so maybe she can sleep like she did with the first MRI. Yeah, that didn’t work and then caused the MRI to be postponed. Thank god for health insurance because that would have been a $4k wasted screw up! So we also had to reschedule her results appointment. MRI to the 16th and results on 23rd.

I had my birthday which consisted of work and a typical evening with kids but a friend who has become an even better and dear friend surprised me with a gluten free cupcake! On Friday, we had C’s 4 month appointment. At the appointment her pediatrician (who we love) was very concerned about her head size, they re-measured about 4 times and took the largest which was 1%. So she had gone from 49% at birth to 1% at 4 months. The Ped seemed concerned and said she would we watching for the MRI results to come across to her. This also totally freaked us all out.

We went to a cookout at a coworkers house, which was awesome because we don’t have many friends here still. E got to play with the other kids and C was passed around and had tons of stimulation. Wish we had more opportunities like that to relax and let the kids play and get stimulation for C.



C is 4 months old... just realized we did't take official pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment