Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Begining

I'm going to go back and tell what has happened so far up until now. So this is from memory.

Scott and I had discussed if we wanted another child after E. Originally we had thought we might go for three kids but after E we considered sticking with one. We decided to make out family complete and to go for #2. We tried and tried, not as long as I know some people have had to try to get pregnant, but it was longer than E. Finally I was pregnant and it was very different than with E. I felt sick to my stomach for much longer than with E. I probably gagged every single morning throughout the pregnancy. But overall I felt much better, I didn't swell, I had energy, I felt as good as you can while growing a human inside you. 




We had really hoped it would be a girl, we had a level 2 ultrasound in early October and found out it was indeed our baby girl! We joked that now we would have our daughter to take care of us when we are old since sons typically move away. Now for a name, this was a hard one. We wanted something that wouldn't hold her back, we thought maybe gender neutral so later in life if gender equality is like it is today, it might help her. After not being in love with any of the names, we decided that in the future everything will probably be done through linkedin or online and you will see a picture and know the applicant is a female so a name didn't matter if it was neutral or not.

E really wanted a sister, every time we asked he said he wanted a sister. At the same time he still always goes with the last option during a multiple choice question haha.


Anyways, the pregnancy went well. I was nervous at every doctor's appointment about my blood pressure and if I would get pre-e again. But I didn't. At about 37 weeks I felt like her moving slowed down, I could feel her move but it was residual movement, like my belly button would feel gross from her kicking it... but I wouldn't feel the actual kick. This wasn't the first time though, around christmas she did the same thing but they told me everything was fine at the ultrasound right after that occasion. So at my 37 week appointment on Wednesday March 4th I told the midwife while trying to hold back tears that I was really nervous because she was not moving as much lately. The midwife told me that her heartbeat sounded fine, she was in a good position, and she was just settling down to be born. All my tests were great and my blood pressure as well. 

That weekend I started to really feel like something was wrong, monday morning in the shower I thought about the what-ifs, what if I have been growing this baby inside me and she died inside me. Now I am going to be blunt, anyone who knows me knows that I speak my mind and I literally thought I might have lost her. I called the doctors right when it opened and told them (again in tears) that I had an appointment this Wednesday but I wanted to come in today and hear her heartbeat. They said they had a 10:15 with a midwife and to come in then.

I went into the doctors and brought everything with me, I started to do that with E near the end just in case I was sent to the hospital. They said my blood pressure was okay but there was very slight traces of protein in my urine but not enough to be alarmed. They told me that I was a little effaced and dilated to 2cm which is no biggie but they wanted me to go over to the hospital for monitoring since their office no longer had a non-stress test there, you had to go to the hospital.

We drove across the street and got into the room about 11:00am on Monday March 9th. They had me take everything but my bra off and hooked me up to monitors. After about an hour they said I was having contractions, that I couldn't feel and the baby didn't like it. So they thought I might be dehydrated and hooked me up to an IV. About 1:00 they said it was not getting any better, still having contractions and the baby was still not happy. They did a v exam to touch her head and see how she would respond, she did not respond as they would have liked. At about 1:45pm they told me that she was in distress, I could either be induced and end up with a c-section or just go for a c-section. They said Dr. V was on the way over now. I had a panic attack as I heard the thumps of a horse (her heart beat) dramatically drop when the screen said I had a contraction. they gave me oxygen, which actually makes it harder to breath and within seconds about 6 people were in the room to prep me for an emergency c-section.....

No comments:

Post a Comment