Thursday, August 13, 2015

May 2015 -2 months old

On May 4th I had to go back to work. I was ready but also not ready. My manager got me flowers and a big balloon which was very thoughtful, he really is a great manager, very supportive and trusting, I’m lucky to be on his team. The same day E started in the preschool classroom at school. Big day for both of us!



Being at work is tough, the thing that gets me every time with a stab of anxiety is when people say “oh hows the baby”. I want to be like “well she has a brain injury and we won’t really know” but I always just say “good, getting big”. I hate it. It literally is like being stabbed every time someone asks, which feels like at least twice a day.

After only a few days back at work and catching up, putting out fires, and fixing screw-ups and I was off to Beijing for a week! It was a ridiculous trip that involved fried bees, many weird situations and people, and a long day visiting the great wall. Scott’s mom came to help him while I was gone which definitely helped. When he picked me up from the airport I missed the kiddos so much that I squeezed in the backseat between their carseats for the short ride home.





Same routine with C, medicines, stretches, sleep, eat, stretches, eat, sleep, eat, sleep, medicine, bath, bed, eat, sleep repeat. Some doctors’ appointments thrown in as well. Then E and I were off for my brother’s wedding. We had already known that C would be too young to fly and Scott would need stay back with her. It was not as hard as I had thought flying alone with a toddler. But OMG he would not stop dancing. He wouldn’t let me eat or drink or sit or talk. It was cute for about 30 minutes, then it was past the point of cute. We danced from after the 1st dance around 7:30pm until about 9:30pm, nonstop which involved me needing to bend over and hold both of his hands and bounce up and down and around.






E and I got back from the trip for the wedding and then Scott’s dad, his girlfriend (I don’t like that term since she is more than that), and his aunt came to visit. Of course I had to work after being on vacation for almost a week for the wedding so I didn’t get to see them much.



Oh and C turned 2 months old and E wouldn't let her take the chair picture by herself.






No comments:

Post a Comment