Monday, August 24, 2015

"Mom"

E started calling me “mom”. I didn’t expect that until he was like 6 years old. Must have learned it from school along with “I wanna go home” and “I want mommy” both of which he has no idea what the statement means. He will say “I want mommy” as I am holding him. Or “I wanna go home” as he is playing in the playroom. Someone's  mom must be pregnant  because he keeps asking if I have a baby in my tummy (I don't). When I tell him no he gets mad and points to my tattoo near/under my c-section scar/tummy. When I wore a skirt to pick him up from school he asked me to spin and it was too cute.

But this “mom” thing he does specifically to irritate me. He will say it and grin. He is a little trouble maker in the making.

Other funny facts…. He will tell you his favorite color is black. Yes, black. He also has a new obsession with wanting to watch the simpsons. Favorite foods include tacos, lunchable turkey meat and oreo cookies, and ice cream. His favorite beverage is “mama juice” aka Gatorade which he wants to hold the entire bottle and has been spilling on the rugs lately. He only does what you ask  when you use reverse psychology telling him not to close his eyes or not to eat that because it is mine and I am going to eat it all up. He also says “no I love you more” which is so ridiculously cute that it extends bedtime even longer. He'll also say "hug me,  I scared" which I've stopped being a sucker for. He wants to cuddle less often so I try to take whatever I can get, except at bedtime.

C is on to eating butternut squash. She likes it, but not as much as sweet potato. Tomorrow we start pears.
The doctors recommended occupational therapy for her thumbs. She has a lot of trouble holding things. She doesn’t care or even realize something is in her hand. Her left hand is a vice grip and will hold whatever you pry her fingers open to put in there. Her right hand is floppy and won’t hold on too well. But she doesn’t even notice she is holding anything which could be attributed to her vision issues, which we will get clarification on in a few weeks. She can see something sometimes, but there are definitely major vision issues going on. So they recommended occupational therapy to try and help her thumbs open up and hold a spoon so someday she can hopefully feed herself. Many kids end up with feeding tubes and we know that is a real possibility in the near future, but we’d like to try as hard as we can to get her eating herself.


He hugged her… then we bribed him with a cookie to do it again so we could take a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment